Cum Petro et Sub Petro

With Peter & Under Peter

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Divine Mercy of Jesus

Our Lady warned us at Fatima and Akita about a coming great chastisement if men do not turn from their sins,repent and turn back to God. The message of Fatima isn't as much about the chastisement though it should not be ignored.The message of Our Lady is regarding repentance and the worst fate of all. Hell,the 2nd death.

Jesus offer us an answer even though we deserve His justice-His Mercy

Look at the people Our Lady and Jesus chose to appear to. Three humble,poor shepherd children at Fatima, a peasant girl from France,Bernadette Soubirous and an uneducated,unassuming nun Sr Faustina in a country occupied both by the Nazi's and the Communists.At Akita Our Lady manifested herself through a statue to Sr. Agnes Sasagawa a very ill and deaf nun.

People the world would not give a second thought to.

I couldn't sleep last night so I went to the living room.Everything was out. Cable tv,phone and internet. I picked up the Divine Mercy Bible my husband got me over the summer and started reading about the Divine Mercy.Not that I haven't read much about it before,but I couldn't put this down. It struck me how remarkable the Divine Mercy is.From the messages to Sr Faustina,to it being banned by the Church because of poor translations and eventually the election of John Paul II who canonized the saint AND promulgated the devotion.

Even more remarkable is Jesus crying out to the most hardened of sinners in His message to take advantage of His Mercy-which opened up from His heart at the hour of his death,3:00 p.m.

Oh, what great graces I will grant to souls who say this Chaplet ;the very depths of My tender mercy are stirred for the sake of those who say the chaplet. Write down these words, My daughter. Speak to the world about My mercy; let all mankind recognize My unfathomable Mercy. It is a sign for the end times; after it will come the day of justice. While there is still time, let them have recourse to the fount of My mercy; let them profit from the Blood and Water which gushed forth for them. recognize My unfathomable Mercy. It is a sign for the end times; after it will come the day of justice. While there is still time, let them have recourse to the fount of My mercy; let them profit from the Blood and Water which gushed forth for them. The greater the sinner, the greater the right he has to My mercy. Say unceasingly this Chaplet that I have taught you. Anyone who says it will receive great Mercy at the hour of death. Priests will recommend it to sinners as the last hope. Even the most hardened sinner, if he recites this Chaplet even once, will receive grace from My Infinite Mercy. I want the whole world to know My Infinite Mercy. I want to give unimaginable graces to those who trust in My Mercy.
On the cross, the fountain of My mercy was opened wide by the lance for all souls---none have I excluded!
Let no soul fear to draw near to Me, even though its sins be as scarlet.
Souls perish in spite of My bitter Passion. I am giving them the last hope of salvation; that is, the Feast of My Mercy.
The flames of mercy are burning Me. I desire to pour them out upon human souls. Oh, what pain they cause Me when they do not want to accept them!
Oh, how painful it is to Me that souls so seldom unite themselves to Me......I wait for souls, and they are indifferent towards Me. I love them tenderly and sincerely, and they distrust Me
.
I demand from you deeds of mercy which are to arise out of love for Me. You are to show mercy to your neighbors always and everywhere. You must not shrink from this or try to excuse yourself from it.
Recommended sites re the Divine Mercy:

http://thedivinemercy.org/message/

http://www.integratedcatholiclife.org/2013/04/deacon-bickerstaff-jesus-and-divine-mercy/

The Divine Mercy Image
http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/index.htm

No comments:

Blog Archive